Guest U-JAM Instructor Position
- CERTIFICATION – Instructors must have completed the U-Jam certification process
- DIVERSE – Those instructors who are well-versed in other teaching formats along with those who hold nationally recognized group fitness certifications (ie. CanFitPro, ACSM, ACE, Y etc…) will have more opportunities, but these additional certifications are NOT required.
- ENERGETIC, ENTERTAINING STYLE – Being able to teach BASIC U-Jam (showing options) in a DYNAMIC and HIGHLY ENERGETIC style is essential.
- EXPERIENCE – Being able to teach to a diverse range of levels and be especially comfortable with level 1s. It is essential to read participants, adjust accordingly and to make everyone FEEL SUCCESSFUL.
- EXCELLENT FORM, ABILITY TO WORK WELL WITH YOUR MUSIC, STRONG CUEING and SAFETY – all screened for and essential.
- HEALTHY ROLE MODEL – Instructors should dress in professional attire with a neat appearance, be fit, healthy and “in shape”. Please refer to the “Clothing Line” page on our web site for our line of professional, functional logo’d wear. U Jam apparel can be worn if you’ve screened it “Fitness Instructor” on the back. Resorts ask for this.
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS, OUTGOING PERSONALITY, PROFESSIONAL and FRIENDLY – Instructors must excel in these areas and be able to “walk their talk” by promoting their classes on-site in an encouraging manner. Having a “visible” instructor goes hand in hand with being approachable and encouraging.
- ‘GO WITH THE FLOW’ attitude – Instructors must be adaptable and flexible. Travel is an ‘adventure’ and it must be looked at this way.
- ABILITY TO THINK ‘OUTSIDE THE BOX’ – Many classes are held outdoors in more casual settings, most often not in ‘studios’. Instructors must be flexible in their approach and enjoy the spirit of movement while adjusting to some of these unique resort class settings/scenarios (for example, teaching in a covered stage area if the weather is not cooperative).
- INDIVIDUALITY – In keeping with the U Jam philosophy, NRG 2 GO Instructors are encouraged to bring their own “flavor” to each class.
- AQUA EXPERIENCE – Aqua fitness certification is recommended, but not mandatory for teaching water classes within this fitness role. Most resorts will ask instructors to teach an aqua class. A good “working knowledge” of this format would be required in this case. Instructors who are less versed in aqua fitness need to possess a sincere interest in taking the necessary steps to be comfortable and prepared to teach this format.