Guest Mind/Body Position
- CERTIFICATION – It is manditory that Instructors applying for this position hold a certification and/or Teacher Training in Pilates and Yoga. Instructors must be experienced and very comfortable teaching basic versions of these formats. Instructors should also be comfortable teaching an Aqua-based stretch class and can contact NRG2GO for resources for this particular format.
- STYLE – FRIENDLY, ENERGETIC, MULTI-LEVEL HATHA YOGA, MAT PILATES and AQUA STRETCH.
- EXPERIENCE – Being able to teach to diverse range of levels especially comfortable with ‘level 1’s’. Being able to read participants, adjust accordingly and to make everyone FEEL SUCCESSFUL.
- HEALTHY ROLE MODEL – Instructors should dress in professional attire with a neat appearance, be fit, healthy and ‘in shape’. Please refer to the ‘Clothing Line’ page on our web site for our line of professional, functional logo’d wear.
- EXCELLENT PEOPLE SKILLS, OUTGOING PERSONALITY, PROFESSIONAL and FRIENDLY – Instructors must excel in these areas and be able to ‘walk their talk’ by promoting their classes on-site in an encouraging manner. Having a ‘visible’ instructor goes hand in hand with being approachable and encouraging.
- ‘GO WITH THE FLOW’ attitude – Instructors must be adaptable and flexible. Travel is an ‘adventure’ and it must be looked at this way.
- ABILITY TO THINK ‘OUTSIDE THE BOX’ – Most fitness-based resorts have limited equipment but all have mats. Most resorts do have CD players, although taking tapes is always encouraged as back up. Some instructors prefer no music. Many classes are held outdoors in more casual settings, most often not in ‘studios’. Instructors must be flexible in their approach and enjoy the spirit of movement while adjusting to some of class settings/scenarios unique to resort teaching.
- VERSATILITY – Resort teaching requires versatility. Some resort contacts can be quite flexible with regards to allowing each instructor to make small adaptations. Other contacts like the class formats to stay the same.
- INDIVIDUALITY – Instructors are encouraged to bring their own ‘style’ to each class.